Welcome to Year 5 class page
Mr Lovatt - Teacher
Mrs Bundy - Teaching Assistant
Welcome to the Autumn term in Year 5! I hope that you have all had a fantastic summer break and are looking forward to seeing all your friends again on Thursday 2nd September. We are very excited to welcome you back and begin an exciting term.
Our new class Saint is St. Chad. Our mission is to believe in our own ability and to aim for a little improvement every day!
The school day will start at 8.40 each morning and our first lesson will start promptly at 8.45 so please arrive in good time each day. This year each child will have a locker in which they can store their possessions. The day will finish 3.20, when pupils can be collected from the Staff carpark gate.
* To avoid confusion and ensure safety if the pupil has a sibling in one of the younger years please still collect them at the Staff Carpark Gate with the rest of Year 5 *
- PE will be on Wednesday (PM) and Friday (PM). Pupils are encouraged to come to school in their PE kits and stay in their kits all day.
- Each pupil will have a locker in which they can store their items. Any valuable items should be given in at the start of the day to be stored safely within the school office.
- Please also make sure you bring your reading book and reading record in everyday as well as your Personal Writing Project.
- In PSHE lessons pupils are learning about puberty and the changes which occur within the body. If any pupils feel uncomfortable about this topic then they are encouraged to speak to a member of staff about their concerns. Equally, if parents and pupils would like to seek additional information or address any misconception then the website is an excellent resource. 'Talking to your children (years 5 & 6) about puberty :: Children and Family Health Surrey (childrenshealthsurrey.nhs.uk)'
If you wish to discuss anything further then you are welcome to make an appointment at the school office via telephone or email; email@example.com.
I am really looking forward to welcoming you to Year 5 and continuing our learning journey at St. Anne’s.