8th June 2023
This week we have:
- In Maths we have focused on “Height and Length” we have been using these questions throughout the week. What words can we use to describe how big something is? Can you bring/show me something else that is long/short/tall? Can you tell me which is the longest/shortest sunfower? How do you know? How many cubes are the same length as the sunflowers? Can you put the sunflowers into size order, starting with the shortest?
- Used lots of Fred Talk in our phonics time, listening to the sounds in words and learned the first set of sounds in the Read Write Inc phonics scheme, we have also been starting to write the letters too.
- Shared the story "Billy's Bucket" by Kes Gray.
- Read other books about sharks and sea creatures
- Used the sentence 'In my bucket I can see....' and then drawn a picture in our busy books.
- Played with our rock pool small world and thought of words to describe sea creature in our bucket.
- As part of our learning in RE we have been learning about Special Celebrations and that they are happy occasions.