PTFA Dates for your Diary 2019/2020
Strawberry Fair - Sunday 30th June 2019
12.30pm – 2.30pm
Many thanks to those parents who attended the PTFA meeting last week. It was lovely to see a few new faces supporting our school. All money raised by the PTFA directly benefits the children in our school. This year the PFTA subsidised the cost of a coach for every class in school to attend a school trip, paid for the pantomime at Christmas, bought board games for wet playtimes in addition to purchasing our fantastic Key Stage One playground equipment.
St. Anne’s’ Strawberry Fair has a fantastic reputation within the local community and is our largest PTFA fundraiser of the school year. It takes a great deal of effort and time to organise such as large event and in order to make this year’s Strawberry Fair a success we need your help!
How can you help?
- Could you donate a prize for the raffle? Maybe you run a business or know someone who does who could donate a prize? The more impressive the prizes, the more raffle tickets we will sell!
- Do you know a local group who would like to perform at the Strawberry Fair?
- Could you donate some good quality toys your children no longer play with or items to be used as prizes on the tombola?
- Could you spare an hour or two to help prepare prizes for stalls by sticking on raffle tickets in advance and sorting through donated items ready for the day? Volunteers are needed on Friday 14th June from 8:40am, Tuesday 25th June from 8:40am, Wednesday 26th June from 8.40am and Friday 28th June from 8:40am.
- Can you come to school early on the morning of the Strawberry Fair to help set up the stalls?
- Can you run one of the stalls at the Strawberry Fair?
- Can you stay behind after the Strawberry Fair to help tidy up after the event?
As the saying goes, ‘Many hands make light work’. Please get involved in as many ways as you can.
A list of volunteers will be held in the school office; please contact Mrs Conlin in the school office if you are able to help.
Friday 29th March 2019 - PTFA Easter Chocolate Bingo. Eyes Down at 6.30pm. Lots of Easter Chocolate prizes. Everyone welcome.
Friday 22nd March 2019 - Own Clothes Day - please bring donations of Easter Chocolate for the PTFA Easter Chocolate Bingo.
St Anne’s PTFA works closely with the Headteacher, Staff and Governors of the school and organises a wide range of functions and events which are of interest to the children, parents, staff and the wider community. In doing so it raises funds to help support and pay for some of the many activities and projects in the school.
PFTA Fund Raising Events have purchased the following items:
- Picnic tables for the outdoor areas at the front and back of the school.
- Whiteboards and pin boards for the school annexe.
- Goal posts for KS1 and KS2.
- Provision of a coach for each year group to go on a trip; including visits to Weston Park, Warwick Castle, Cannock Chase Museum, the Potteries Museum and Dewa Roman Experience in Chester
- Equipment for the Children
- Theatre Company Visits
- ICT Equipment
- Tyre Park