Welcome to Year 5's Class Page
Mrs Hampton and Mrs Campling
Welcome back to the Autumn Term. Year 5 have got a very exciting term ahead with plenty of exciting learning adventures ahead of them. We will be thinking about 'Inspirational Industry' this term particularly in our art and history work. Look our for invites into school to see what we have been up to.
As always if you wish to discuss any aspect of the Year 5 curriculum or any issues regarding your child please contact the school office to arrange an appointment either by phone or email email@example.com.
Please check back weekly to see what Year 5 have been up to as they love to share their learning journey!
- Doors open at 8.40am for a prompt start at 8.45am. Year 5 finish at 3.20pm.
- PE will be Tuesday and Wednesday for the class and children should wear PE kit to school on these days.
- Pupils who are travelling independently may bring a phone. All phones will be turned off and stored in the class phone box in the school office until the end of the day.
- Please name all cardigans, jumpers and PE hoodies/ jackets.
- Homework is published in the 'folder' on the class webpage on a Thursday and homework should be completed and handed in by the following Wednesday.
Year 5 Class Saint
St Josephine Bakhita
St Josephine was born in Sudan and had a happy childhood until she was kidnapped at the age of seven. After this she was sold as a slave and had several owners - some of whom were more friendly than others. One of her owners left her with Canossian sisters in Italy while she was away travelling. This is where Josephine learned about God. She was declared a saint in 2000 by Pope John Paul II.