Every Monday Morning as part of our communication, language and listening, we will be encouraging the children to share their weekend news with us from the Tapestry, therefore all parents are being requested to upload a photo (if possible) with a brief description of what you have been up to. We can upload the photographs onto our interactive whiteboard and the children are invited up to talk and share what they have being doing over the weekend...this can be anything as simple as going to the shops with their family, playing a game, colouring in etc. This is to encourage communication, language and listening at nursery. The tapestry app can be down loaded onto your phone and is easy to access and add photographs. If your account is not activated please let us know as soon as possible.
Thank you to those of you for sharing on Tapestry with us. The children loved coming to the front and sharing their weekend news.
This week we have:
- Consolidate number 1-5 using various manipulatives inside and outside of the classroom.
- Used lots of Fred Talk in our phonics time, listening to the sounds in words.
- We have revisited life cycles and the new life they bring us at Easter time.
- Shared “We're Going on an Egg Hunt" in preparation for our Egg Hunt with our Special Friends in Year 6.
- Sang lots of traditional nursery rhymes.
- As part of our learning in RE we discussed how what things make us happy and unhappy. We feel sad if someone we love dies and that the cross reminds us of how Jesus died.