13th July 2023
This week we have:
- In Maths we have focused on weight. Light and heavy and comparison. Initially we have looked at objects that might be heavy and then moved on to comparing weights. We explored the balancing scales and discussed that the heavier side goes down...like a see-saw. We used natural objects to compare their weight on the scales.
- Used lots of Fred Talk in our phonics time, listening to the sounds in words and learned the first set of sounds in the Read Write Inc phonics scheme, we have also been starting to write the letters too.
- Shared the story "Pirates Love Underpants" by Claire Freedman and Ben Court
- Read other fiction and non fiction books about pirates
- Used the sentences during our busy morning jobs for example 'Today is Monday, the weather is sunny'...
- Worked as a team to construct water shoots for a boats to slide down
- Explore pirates and their ships. Discuss what they used a map for and made our own treasure map.