Every Monday Morning as part of our communication, language and listening, we will be encouraging the children to share their weekend news with us from the Tapestry, therefore all parents are being requested to upload a photo (if possible) with a brief description of what you have been up to. We can upload the photographs onto our interactive whiteboard and the children are invited up to talk and share what they have being doing over the weekend...this can be anything as simple as going to the shops with their family, playing a game, colouring in etc. This is to encourage communication, language and listening at nursery. The tapestry app can be down loaded onto your phone and is easy to access and add photographs. If your account is not activated please let us know as soon as possible.
This week we have:
- Continued to understand and explore the number 2.
- Used lots of Fred Talk in our phonics time, listening to the sounds in words.
- Looked at where polar bears live and how they keep warm.
- Shared “Polar Bear Polar Bear What Do You Hear?” by Eric Carle and retold the story in our small world area.
- Sang the seasons song and actions (try it at home...the children love it!)
- Began to learn and understand Baptism in RE and the importance of being a part of God’s family.
- Used our gross motor skills during PE and even ventured onto the Key Stage 1 playground.