PE at St Anne's...
At St Anne’s Catholic Primary School, we want every child to be happy and enthusiastic learners of Physical Education, and to be eager to achieve their very best in order to fulfil their God-given talents. We firmly believe that the recipe for success is high quality first-wave teaching in Physical Education, which is central to the life of our happy, caring school.
Learning from the best - be inspired...
– Enjoys his PE lessons, especially when he goes outside!
– “ I really enjoy learning about new sports!”
- "I enjoy my gymnastics and dance PE lessons. I like that we can build up to performing a full route."
- "We have been learning lots of different movements in PE, we have been doing this to help us in the sport we are learning.”
- "PE has a focus on being active, we spend most of the lessons completing activities and moving around.”
- "We have been learning tag rugby in PE lessons this year as well as fundamental skills.”
Inspirational Women in Sport
As part of women's history month, Year 5 completed projects looking at different inspirational women in Sport. The pupils researched a range of different athletes from a range of different sports. To complete their projects Year 5 also photographed themselves taking part in the same sport as their chosen athlete!
Throughout the year there are also many opportunities to take part in competitions with other local schools!
St Anne's football team played in the Catholic Primary Football Competition at Blessed William Howard during September. They played several ties and won every one and ultimately, the tournament!
Stoke City 'Play on the Pitch'
Two teams from KS2 were invited to Stoke City's 'Play on the Pitch' event. The teams were treated to a guide of the tunnel as well as the home and away dressing rooms! Then the teams had an incredible experience playing multiple matches on the actual pitch in front of many cheering friends and relatives!
After school clubs
-Throughout the year we offer a range of different sports clubs. These are run by an external provider ASM and within school.
Current Sports clubs are:
- Football club (Year 6 and Year 5) Tuesdays 3:20 until 4:15. For any further enquiries or to take part in the sessions please enquire for a letter from the school office. (Will restart after February half term)
- ASM Multi Sports Club (Year 4 and Year 3). Tuesdays until 4:15
One of our after school clubs for the Spring term has been Dodgeball, pupils have had a fabulous time playing dodgeball with pupils from other classes!