What an exciting week we have had in Reception!
- On Tuesday we experienced a music concert in the hall, we sat with Year 6 and enjoyed listening to drums, a bass guitar, an electric guitar and keyboards. This was then quickly followed by a visit from the fire service. We were allowed to use the fire hose and climb inside the fire engine. The firefighters talked to us about some of the jobs they go out to and how they use their equipment to help keep themselves and other people safe.
- We continued to learn about people who help us as we found about Dentists and we had a special visit from the tooth fairy.
- During our 'Welly Wednesday' session this week we learnt about road safety and how to keep safe near roads.
- In Maths we continue to look at first, then, now stories to support our work on 'one more' and 'one less'.
- We are learning 'special friends' in phonics and have learnt the sounds 'sh', 'nk', 'ch', 'qu' and 'th'. We are getting very good at using them in our writing.
For homework please continue to support your child with reading and record in their reading diaries which Ditty sheets or books they have read and how they have got on with them.
Maths - continue to develop number formation 0-9.
We will be sending out parts for the Christmas play next week, we are in the process of learning some songs for it. Please could you work with your child at home to practise the songs, the links can be found below.