7th October 2022
This week we:
- Began to learn about the changes in the autumn season and made an autumn Sensory jar with the autumn treasure we collected with our family
- Shared “Owl Babies” by Martin Waddell and retold the story in our small world area.
- Shared the “The Colour Monster” by Anna Llenas, talked about the different feelings we experience and sorted the colours into the correct groups.
- Made pine cone owls using our funky finger skills.
- Shared some time with our Year 6 Special Friends.
- We went into the hall for Celebration Assembly with the whole school and sat beautifully.
Re read the story Owl Babies with your child. Discuss how each of the owls were feeling, where had their mummy gone, why had she left the babies at that time of the night? In class we talked about animals that come out only at the night time in the dark and the word 'nocturnal' was introduced to the children.