History Progression of Skills
Progression of Skills
There are six key historical skills that pupils need to develop:
- Chronological understanding.
- Knowledge and understanding of events.
- Knowledge of people and changes in the past.
- Presenting, organising and communicating information and ideas.
The progression of skills document shows how these skills are developed and how they support the pupils development of the six disciplinary concepts:
- Similarity and difference
- Cause and consequence
- Change and continuity