Spring Curriculum Vehicle
Throughout the spring term, children in year 3 will be taught their foundation subjects through the curriculum vehicle 'Our Marvellous Museum'. At the end of the term we will be creating our own pop-up museum in school and inviting our families along to see our exhibitions!
During this vehicle, children will be exploring:
- Forces, magnets and famous scientists
- Map work, boundaries, grid references, keys and symbols on a map and compass points in geography
- The Roman Empire and its impact on Britain
- Ancient Greece, studying Greek life, achievements and their influence on the western world
- Searching the internet effectively, adding images using copyright rules, using PowerPoint and coding
- Studying and creating Roman mosaics and Greek art work and pottery
- Performance music, composing a film score for a Roman soldier film and learning the recorder
- Spanish language, including directions, weather, animals, days of the week and months of the year.